EU Blue Card
EU Blue Card - Entry visa
The EU Blue Card allows third-country nationals with a university degree to take up employment in Germany commensurate with their qualifications.
The EU Blue Card, like all longer-term residence permits, is issued exclusively by the relevant foreigners’ authority in Germany. You must apply for the national visa, which is required inadvance, from the Embassy. General information on the EU Blue Card is available from the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees website at www.bamf.de and from the portal for qualified professionals www.make-it-in-germany.com
For your application you require the following documents:
- Passport + Nigerian Residence Permit (if applicable)
- 2 duly completed application forms, questionnaire, declaration according to Section 54 Paragraph 2 Number 8 (forms can be downloaded here) + 2 biometric Passport-size photos
- Curriculum Vitae of professional career, including certificates, diplomas, etc
- German University degree or recognized foreign degree comparable to a German degree
- Contract/ binding job offer with details of gross annual salary
- (Following approval of the visa application and before the visa can be issued) proof that you have travel insurance for the period between arrival in the country and commencement of employment, if such evidence has not already been submitted.
In individual cases provision of additional documents may be necessary.
You can check whether your foreign university degree is recognised or comparable by consulting the ANABIN database: http://anabin.kmk.org/
This information is regularly updated but makes no claim to be complete.